Tuesday, May 1, 2012

NEW Brooklyn Nets logo by Jay-Z

   I want to start off by saying that it's great that Jay-Z is one of the owners of the brand new Brooklyn Nets. Now if you know basketball and you're a fan of the game just like I am, you would know some basketball history. Now the Brooklyn Nets were originally the New Jersey Americans from 1967-1968, then from 1968-1977 they were formally known at the New York Nets. During 1976 they transitioned from a ABA (American Basketball Association) team to a NBA team. They finally were changed to the New Jersey Nets from 1977-2012. Now they are formally known as the Brooklyn Nets, thanks to a little help from Jay-Z.

    Jay-Z has definitely done New York City proud for being the ingenious businessman that he is, and I'm sure he's making those from Brooklyn even more proud. So I recently saw the new logos for the Brooklyn Nets and I have mixed feelings about it honestly. I'm not saying that it's the worse logo ever, but I'm not saying it's th best one either. I respect the mogul and the man Jay-Z, I just would have thought there could been more to the logo. Simply making it black and white isn't bad, but I was expecting more emphasis on the logo itself.

   I realize nothing is set in stone, and the new logos may not be permanent, but if they are I still think the transition to Brooklyn was a smart move for those who own this team. The type of revenue expected will definitely be substantially high for everyone involved. It will take some time getting use to a neighbour to the New York Knicks now, but at least now we'll have another New York Team to root for. I wish the very best for Jay-Z and I'm sure he'll continue to make his mark in business. I respect him, and I know he will continue to make his City proud!




No comments:

Post a Comment