Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Congratulations Gabby Douglas!

   First off; I want to say that I'm sincerely proud of Gabby Douglas and her great Achievements. The fact that she was able to get an all around gymnastics Gold medal, as well as being the very FIRST African American to achieve this is far beyond anything that can be said. There's sincerely not one particular word that I can use to say how proud of Gabby Douglas I am; and I appreciate her humility also. She is the first one of ANY generation in gymnastics to achieve such a feat. The fact that she hasn't allowed this to get to her head is beautiful. Gabby was the underdog that took it ALL! She's got a 90million dollar sponsorship with Kelloggs cereal to prove it too!

   What's even more crazy is I'm sure that Kelloggs Cereal won't be the only sponsorship she will probably be receiving either. This story just let's me know that it doesn't matter what people say about how far you're going to go, if you're destined for greatness your light will shine brighter then the rest. A young 16 year old who months earlier wasn't even suppose to make it to the Olympics was the one who took home gold and made history while doing it. Congratulations again Gabby Douglas, you definitely inspired me to believe that nothing is too great for God and nothing is too great as long as we believe!


No comments:

Post a Comment