Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tale of two hoodies (painting)- Michael D'Antuono

  Michael D'Antuono is the artist/activist that made this controversial masterpiece. When I saw this painting not only was a blown away, I was at a lost for words. There is not one particular word that I can say about this painting honestly. It is power, real, honest, unforgiving, truthful, realistic and in your face. This painting may be something uneasy for people to handle, but if people have an issue with it they should turn the other way. Everything in life wasn't meant to be censored. Sometimes the cold hard truth needs to wake people up to the serious issues that matter. 

      I think it's people like Michael D'Antuono that say what most people want to say but are too afraid to. It's unfortunate that people mask what they feel internally; this painting captures the moment and I appreciate it. America is suppose to be a place where freedom dwells and racism is nonexistent. However, as much as I want to believe that, it is a lie and that's a disheartening fact. It should not matter what your race, religion or sexual preference is, racism against anyone or anything is wrong. I can honestly say that I appreciate Michael D'Antuono's controversial painting, and I hope he does much more pieces. People need to wake up and realize we are ALL apart of the HUMAN RACE. And that should be the ONLY race that matters anyway!


1 comment:

  1. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight.
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete